KEITH URBAN won four trophies at last night’s “CMT Music Awards”, including Video of the Year for “Blue Ain’t Your Color”. CARRIE UNDERWOOD had two wins, including Female Video of the Year for “Church Bells”.
KEITH URBAN was a four-time winner at last night’s “CMT Music Awards”. “Blue Ain’t Your Color” won Video of the Year and Male Video of the Year, plus he was named Social Media Superstar of the Year.
And he shared the Collaborative Video of the Year award with CARRIE UNDERWOOD for “The Fighter”. Carrie also won Female Video of the Year for “Church Bells”.
The night opened with the Gregg Allman tribute, and it delivered. JASON ALDEAN, CHARLES KELLEY, and DARIUS RUCKER tore through “Midnight Rider”. They also got some slide guitar help from DEREK TRUCKS of the Allman Brothers Band.
CHARLES ESTEN hosted, and let’s be honest, it’s because “Nashville” is on CMT. They tried to do a takeoff of “Nashville” and it could’ve been funny, but it was filled with childish humor. BILLY RAY CYRUS stinking up the bathroom? Come on, get some writers.
Things picked up when BROTHERS OSBORNE and PETER FRAMPTON did “It Ain’t My Fault”.
And MIRANDA LAMBERT seemed to have a blast with “Pink Sunglasses”. The audience was even given, you guessed it, pink sunglasses to wear.
The CMTs are always about the collaborations and one of the best was Keith and Carrie doing “The Fighter”. And I do believe LUKE BRYAN and JASON DERULO had a lot of fun with “Strip It Down” and “Want to Want Me”.
Remember that country singer who used to be BLAKE SHELTON? He’s a TV star now, which may explain why he phoned in his performance of “Every Time I Hear That Song”.
BRETT ELDREDGE popped up from under the stage to do “Something I’m Good At”. I still can’t figure out why he needed a drum line to help him out.
I love that LITTLE BIG TOWN had JIMI WESTBROOK take the lead on “When Someone Stops Loving You”. A vocal group that lets each member sing. Imagine that.
You have to close a show like this with a bang, and you can’t do much better than LADY ANTEBELLUM and EARTH WIND & FIRE doing “You Look Good” . . . and then bringing the crowd to its feet with “September”.
Here’s your complete list of last night’s winners . . .
• Video of the Year: “Blue Ain’t Your Color”, Keith Urban
• Male Video of the Year: “Blue Ain’t Your Color”, Keith Urban
• Female Video of the Year: “Church Bells”, Carrie Underwood
• Group Video of the Year: “Better Man”, Little Big Town
• Duo Video of the Year: “H.O.L.Y.”, Florida Georgia Line
• CMT Performance of the Year: “Want to Want Me” . . . Jason Derulo and Luke Bryan . . . from “CMT Crossroads”.
• Collaborative Video of the Year: “The Fighter”, Keith Urban featuring Carrie Underwood
• Breakthrough Video of the Year: “Road Less Traveled”, Lauren Alaina
• CMT Social Superstar of the Year: Keith Urban
This article was written by firstname.lastname@example.org